12.05.2008

Drinking stars...

When I hear the name Dom Perignon, I automatically think of champagne. But what I found out recently is that good ol' Dom was a 17th century monk who pioneered the sparkly, spectacular wine we love to drink to this day. According to legend, he took a sip of one of his successful batches and called to his fellow monks, "Come quickly, I'm drinking stars!" You may have seen this delightful phrase recently, as it seems to be a popular wine-bar adage as of late. Who wouldn't want to drink stars?


Champagne has always been the sip of choice for the toast, but if you are providing beer and wine at your reception, one way to jazz up the bar menu is to offer flavored Bellini’s made with fresh fruit puree. I promise you, they will be a hit. It's fairly easy to stock an affordable prosecco, and I highly recommend using Boiron fruit purees as they are the best. Boiron's purees don't need any additional sugar and they taste as if the fruit was fresh-squeezed right in front of you.

Here are some of my favorite combos...

The classic White Peach Bellini


Blackberry Bellini


Mango Bellini

If you use a high-quality puree, you won't need to add any liquors, such as schnapps. However, I have found Chambord and Elderflower can be used to enhance the flavor profile of champagne. Keep in mind, a little goes a long way. The night before your reception or party, thaw the purees. The day of, fill this type of squeeze bottle and cut a small hole at the tip. After you squeeze a little of the puree in the champagne glass, tip the glass as you slowly pour the champagne. Other flavors that are great: lychee, passionfruit and raspberry. Make sure to experiment before the big day.





0 comments:

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels