12.19.2008

DIY Friday: Gingerbread Christmas ornaments...






This is a SUPER easy way to make 'gingerbread' (non-edible!!) ornaments. I made some for my tree about three years ago and they have held up spectacularly.

What you'll need for 12 ornaments:

1c applesauce
1c cinnamon powder
4 tbl glue (such as Elmer's

Mix all ingredients together and roll on wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the shapes of the intended ornaments. Poke a small hole in the top of the ornament using the end of a straw. Allow ornaments to air dry for 1-3 days.

That's it. Easy peasy.
***Update: Since I posted this, I had an idea. Wouldn't this be a great favor idea for a Christmas bride?

0 comments:

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels