12.15.2008

I have spirit, how 'bout you?

Denver's had record-breaking low temperatures the past couple of days. I think it is -2 degrees right now. Wow. As I look out of my living room window and see the the frost gathered at the corners and the snow-lined streets beyond, I am sooo happy that I have a Christmas Tree to accessorize the weather. It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Since we are visiting Matt's parents in Albuquerque for a week over Christmas, we were debating whether we should put up a tree this year. It didn't help that the holiday season snuck up on us in a major way. But...after searching through the basement for wrapping paper I saw all the goodies we bought last year and made an executive decision-we needed to get in the holiday spirit.

When I was living in New York City, I didn't really have room for a tree in my tiny apartment. So, when I moved to Denver, Matt and I pretty much started from scratch. Every year, we hit the day-after Christmas sales and buy a few decorations. We always look for shades of gold/brown or red ornaments, particularly stars and glittery balls. This is the first year that we had enough ornaments to decorate a larger tree (we've been using minis the past couple of years). I know I'm a bit biased, but I love it! It's been three years in the making and well worth the wait...

We have a red and golden theme with white (only white, thank you very much) lights. When thinking about how to best make our tree "designer" as my husband put it (he's so darn cute), we tried to keep the clutter out and focus on a few elements stars, glitter, bows, etc.



The best part for me is that I was able to personalize it with the following DIY decorations:


gingerbread ornaments




cranberry-beaded garland



ribbon bows

I'll be posting my how-to on the tree decor later this week. In the meantime, I'm entering our baby in the Tip Junkie Christmas Tree contest. *Wish me luck*!!

0 comments:

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels