12.31.2008

Let the countdown begin.

I keep a journal. Not an online diary, but an actual handwritten journal (I'm old-fashioned that way). I love looking back on previous entries and remembering my frame of mind during a certain event and of course, it's where I keep my goals/resolutions for the upcoming year.




I am pretty good at keeping resolutions. For instance, about 10 years ago, I gave up my soda addiction and it worked out very well-I can probably count the number of Coca-Colas I've had since then. However, when I began 2008, I didn't have any resolutions but I certainly had goals.

There was a period in late 2007, during which I questioned my career motivation. I'm sure many of us go through thoughts like, "Is this all there is?". I was in marketing and public relations and felt that all of my creativity was slowly being drained from me. I had done some event planning and I've known for a long time that I wanted to do it full-time, but I kept getting sucked into marketing/pr jobs. Moreover, I started to realize that the bridal industry is my calling.

My #1 goal was to quit my job (scary!). Check.
I took my new found freedom and ran with it. My friend and I took a two month tour of South America. No worries-my hubby was there part of time. I couldn't have done it otherwise. I missed him enough as it was.



My #2 goal was to become a wedding planner. Half check.
I am still working on this one. It's one of the reasons why I started this blog. I want to keep my creativity flowing on a daily basis. I'm also working toward my bridal certification. Note: when one quits a job, one should make sure there isn't about to be a recession. Lesson learned.

My #3 goal was to run a marathon. Nope. Not even close.
I sprained not one, but BOTH my ankles this year, within two months of each other!
Don't. Ask. I think my running career is officially over. Still a little bummed about this one.

Two out of three ain't half bad! I still haven't written my goals for this year (still thinking about this). What is your #1 goal for 2009?

No matter what you do to bring in 2009, have a wonderful time and be safe. Happy New Year! See you on the flip side.


4 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

Good luck with #2 in 2009! You can do it!

Once A Bride said...

Thanks Ms. Jenny!! xoxo

Veiled Vows said...

I would love to read more about your experience quitting your job and becoming a wedding coordinator.

Once A Bride said...

Funny you should mention it....stayed tuned. :)

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels