12.08.2008

Slight obsession...

I love ethnic decor. And while it's hard to define 'ethnic', to me it may mean Moroccan meets Thai. Or Indian meets Polynesian. I could easily imagine a Buddha sculpture next to one of Ganesh in a brightly colored room with Oriental rugs, purple silk pillows, flowy red and orange drapes and gold lanterns. I love luxurious fabrics that remind me of my travels. As for my husband, he imagines himself somewhere between Ethan Allan and Pottery Barn. He loves rich-colored woods, leather sofas, wainscoting, hardwood floors and muted walls. Marriage is about give and take, right? Since I have nothing against Pottery Barn, we have decided to incorporate his love of certain furniture styles with mine of color and Buddha statues. And luckily enough, I get to choose our bedroom design. Yea.

In the meantime, I have found these cute little clutches from Ann Taylor loft which (momentarily) satisfy my need for the exotic (and are completely affordable-$39.00).





0 comments:

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels