1.30.2009

Bachelorette Party: Princess Bride

I recently threw my good friend a bachelorette party. She's the type of girl who loves fairy tale endings and Disney princesses. And since one of the best, classic love stories of all time is the Princess Bride, I thought it would be a perfect theme for her party.

Unfortunately, when shopping for decor, it was really difficult to find anything other than plastic ding-dongs, lewd shirts and tacky favors. In addition, I was on a very small budget. So, like the DIY girl that I am, I took matters into my own hands.

Although it was a princess theme, I didn't want anything to feel adolescent. I chose hot pink and black lace as the theme. I knew it was possible to pull off a flirtatious vibe without actually making my friend play games with random guys and/or pin the you-know-what on the naked dude. I spray painted white doilies black to incorporate a lace-like feel to the decor.

We ran into the restaurant and decorated the table before she got there.

Since I live in a different city from her, I made these tissue paper bouquets to decorate the hotel room and table at the restaurant.


Her cute "princess bride" shirt, hot pink boa and bachelorette tiara. She looked so cute!

As the girls arrived in the hotel suite (our meeting place), I snapped a polaroid of them and had them sign a photo book and add their advice for the bride-to-be.


And a tiara cookie for a favor.
I wish I would've gotten better pics, but you know how bachelorette parties can be
(I almost lost my camera!)

3 comments:

Truly Engaging said...

Love The Princess Bride! Fun ideas and the hot pink and black look just great. How fun!

melissa said...

I love what you did with the doilies. I am going to steal that.

If you ever need cheaper shower/bachelorette decorations you should check out Martha Stewart's line of decor now at Walmart. There are some great pink and orange polka dot themed decorations.

Classy in Philadelphia said...

This looks so fun!

I seriously wish I was getting married (even though I'm 20)..Oh, I should probs get a boyfriend first!

Until then, I'll keep dreaming.

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels