1.23.2009

Blogging Bootcamp: no fatigues necessary.


In lieu of a DIY project today, I would like to post a little something about the Winter 2009 Blogging Bootcamp I had the pleasure of attending this past Wednesday in Phoenix, AZ. Liene Stevens, CEO of Blue Orchid Designs and The Smart Planner, offered this class as a means to share her expertise to wedding professionals. She is considered a huge success in the bridal blogosphere (her blog has found its way to just about every country in the world) and as a planner.

I took this workshop because I will be starting a wedding planning business {very} soon and would like to incorporate a professional blog linked to my business website. As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty new to blogging and created Once A Bride for the same reasons most of you started your blog, being that of a creative outlet. Also, I started writing to 'get my foot in the door' and to introduce myself to other bloggers/brides before I get my business off the ground. I post personal aspects of my life on Once A Bride, along with fun finds I see on other sites and blogs but I was curious to get Liene's outlook on how her purely professional blog has worked so well for her (you won't see tons of images or hear about her date the night before).



On a personal note, I believe Liene is a class-act. She works hard to raise the standard for the wedding planning industry and is not afraid to share her ideas and expertise. There are so many professionals out there who won't help other pros or newbies for fear of giving away their 'secrets'. It takes a strong, confident woman--someone who really cares about her field and others, to take the time to teach other professionals how to find success.

The class was six hours and it flew by. I left armed with some great information that I will be sure to use in the future, as well as some fresh ideas for future posts. I also had the chance to meet some really nice people--always a bonus.


{I am in the last row, third from the right}

I want to thank Bella Ink Designs for kindly sending all of us off with some great stationery!!

[All images courtesy of Eyes 2 See, via The Smart Planner.]

6 comments:

Globetrottingbride said...

Sounds like a great class. I wish I could have attended too.

amybyrd said...

Very cool! It is always nice to hear stories about people helping other people out of true love for what they do!

melissa said...

Glad you had fun and am looking forward to hearing some of the great ideas you learned!

AmberP said...

Ohhhhhhh how fun would this be?! I am super duper jealous!

Cherished Gifts And Favors said...

I wish I could have attended the class as well, but it wasn't in the cards for me this time. I too have recently discovered Liene and I'm very impressed with her openness and willingness to share her business ideas. Like you said, most professionals will not do this, but I believe we can all learn from each other.

I look forward to following your blog and tweets as you embark on your journey of creating a business. I wish you much success in following your dreams. I look forward to being inspired by you and perhaps in some small way be fortunate enough to inspire you.

Debbie said...

It was great to meet you at the class. I hope we see more of each other soon and best of luck with your business!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels