1.12.2009

Dream a little dream...part 1

Miss Veiled Vows made a suggestion. She said she would love to hear more about how I quit my job en route to becoming a wedding planner. And it’s funny that she would mention it because I was planning, sometime in the near future, to create a blog that featured the trials and tribulations of becoming a wedding planner and starting a bridal-gift related website. But I figure now is as good of a time as any.

So let’s get personal. :o) Maybe you want a little background to get the full picture?

Why not start by explaining the name of the blog? When I became a bride, I entered a whole new world. Of course, I knew of this rose-colored, frosted, puffy-dress world. I had thought of becoming a wedding planner for some time and purred over cakes, dress designers and gorgeous floral arrangements. But being in this world is certainly a lot different than viewing it from the outside.

As I mentioned here, I wasn’t one of those little girls who grew up walking around the house with a pillowcase on my head as a make-shift veil--who needed marriage? I was going to be Miss Independent, even at that age. However, it happened that I was the first of my good girl friends to marry. So I wasn't prepared for the transformation I experienced when I said, "I do."

I think it's similar for all woman who get married. No matter what your expectations are “Once A Bride” your life will change forever. Even the most cynic-y of cynics can’t disagree that once those vows are spoken, the woman will be forever changed...in some ways she’d expect and in others that she can’t even imagine.

During the weddings I have been lucky enough to attend, I have witnessed an unwavering joy and optimism not only from the bride and groom, but also from the guests. There's nothing like a celebration commemorating love. And just before that kiss, when the groom lifts up the bride’s veil, there’s a look of devotion, anticipation and promise in the bride’s eyes (I’m always watching the bride), and this sort of sparkle and glow about her that comes only a few times in her life.

[image: Laura Novak]

How could I not want to take part in that happiness as a career?

{to be continued...}

2 comments:

Emilia Jane said...

Yay! I'm so excited to read about your experiences as a wedding planner! Thank you for doing this!

Authentically U - Bride said...

Wow! You leave us begging for more!!! I can't wait to hear the rest!! Oh, by the way, thanks so much for voting for me in the contest!! I would really like to win the logo so I really appreciate you taking out the time!! Thanks again!!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels