1.16.2009

Flower inspiration: red

Thank you to all who gave feedback in my poll about upcoming DIY projects. It was such a close vote, but the paper project category won--but only by 6%! I will post a new DIY program next week, but in the meantime, I thought I would post a few words about
floral decor since it was such a close vote.

If you are in the flower-planning stage of your wedding, you may have an upcoming meeting with a florist. It's important to have a clear vision of what you want. Do your homework and learn the name of the flowers you are interested in and when they are in season. Take photos of bouquets and centerpieces you like and make sure you can describe your vision. If you are not clear about what you want, the florist may design the flowers with his or her vision in mind,
rather than yours.

To help out, I'm going to post a series of flowers to consider in a specific color palette, starting with red. No roses here...




What's your favorite red flower? What color would you like to see next?


Images, left to right:

1. Gerbera Daisy
2. Gloriosa Lily
3. Parrot Tulip
4. Ranunculus
5. Yarrow
6. Anemone
7. Mini Calla Lily
8. Bouvardia
9. Peony

11 comments:

Authentically U - A Diamonds and Sapphire Bride said...

I have to go with the red and yellow one at the top! It's my favorite. Maybe for your next color you can do blue or yellow :-)

Oh, by the way, thanks for all your supposrt during the contest! Your too sweet!

melissa said...

My fav red flower would have to be a tulip or a gerber daisy. So classic.

Do you know much about purple flowers? I am trying to find some budget options for my bouquet.

Maggie said...

Loved this spread - I'm currently having a red flower dilemma myself. Apparently I picked the wrong season to get married for all of my favorite red flowers - d'oh!

Once A Bride said...

Maggie--I had the same problem! It's a bummer when your favorite flower can't be included in your wedding because of season or cost...

Once A Bride said...

Melissa--I'll post about purple flowers tomorrow and give an idea to save $$$.

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, I love the vibrancy of red flowers, and this board just blows me away! My faves are the peony, gerbera & parrot tulip.

Nani said...

Love your blog!!! I know the are pricey but have you seen the little Singapore Red Orchids??? To die for!

Once A Bride said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once A Bride said...

Yes!! I love Orchids. Even though they can be pricy-a little can go a long way. Such a statement flower. Thanks for mentioning them! And for the compliment!!

Adrienne said...

I love your blog! I am looking for raspberry flowers, any suggestions?

AmberP said...

My ranking in no particular order:
1.Gerber Daisy
2. Yarrow
3. Mini Calla Lily.

I LOVE those!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels