1.29.2009

Funny wedding moment.



I thought about this today and had to share.
I'm not screaming in the above pic, I swear...I'm lmao. Here's the story.

I was SO ready for my wedding. I was extremely laid-back on the big day, no cold feet, no sweaty palms...nada. My cake showed up in the wrong color*--whatever. My caterer was late--whatever**. I was the epitome of easy, breezy. My friends kept asking, "Are you nervous?" I'd reply, "Not at all." And I wasn't.



I had an outdoor ceremony. My handsome fiance and the pastor were under a gazebo. Behind the guests was a building that had curved stairs going up either side and a pretty balcony above. I was going to make my entrance down one of the staircases and the bridesmaids were going to go down the opposite staircase where the groomsmen would be waiting for them. I sneaked up the staircase, with my girls in tow. I had a few minutes to stand there, while the music was being changed. I took a peek down below and saw Matt's face. It was then that I felt the enormity of what I was about to do and the fact that my life as I knew it, would never be the same. I turned to my friend, E (who is a crazy-fun actress) and she saw the tears in my eyes. She said, "Dana! You're ok! Dana! Don't mess up your make-up!" Then, I kid you not, she busted out in her best operatic voice the lyrics of a famous Nine Inch Nails song. I'm going to f$*& you like an animal. I'm going to feel you from the inside! Just then, the other girls all stood up tall and clasped their arms in front of them like choir girls and joined in. I'm going to f$*& you like an animal. I'm going to feel you from the inside! Where in the world did she think of that song to sing to me at that minute?! And how did my other friends know to join in? I don't know, but there's nothing that can snap you back into reality like laughing your butt off. Thank God for great girl friends (I later found out that some of the guests heard this and wondered with the heck was going on).







*No matter how many times you confirm, delivery mistakes can happen. Had I hired a DOC, this cake switching would have been fixed immediately. But because nobody saw the cake until the delivery men left...it was too late (at least I thought so--I was like, no need to make a fuss. Whatever. It's cake. Eat it.)

**Make sure that in your vendor contracts, you have a clause which stipulates what time they need to arrive. If they don't honor that clause, you should have some of your money refunded, or not have to pay a percentage.

5 comments:

amybyrd said...

What a great story!! My mom, sister, and friends were shocked at about how calm I was--I am a little but of a drama queen(heck i am a middle school teacher!!) But my bridesmaids didn't sing for me:)

Bride Sophisticate said...

I love this story, so funny! And I could see a girlfriend of mine doing that...ha ha ha.

I know what you mean, I was completely calm the whole way through up until about 30 seconds before I walked down the aisle. Then all of a sudden I had the oh my gosh moment like you did and my dress felt freakishly tight! Ha! Only a minor hyperventilation and then I was fine. ;)

Happy Friday!!

Cherished Gifts And Favors said...

What a wonderful story! One that I'm sure makes you smile every time you think about it.

I love the dress that you wore. For the time it takes us to pick out our wedding dress and the money we spend on it, it's a shame that we only get to wear it once. We should all throw a big party and come dressed in our wedding dress. I so want to wear mine again.

bridechic said...

Great story. I was cool as a cucumber till I got up to the chancel. Wow! Then, like you, I realized the enormity of what I was about to do . It's a loaded thing this matrimony . . .

Ashley said...

Your bouquet is gorgeous!! Do you have any colored photos of it/closer up pictures? Would you mind emailing me a couple more pictures of it?
ashie_p3@hotmail.com

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels