1.26.2009

Real Wedding: Amy and Kevin



I met Amy through the wonderful world of blogging. She recently moved to Grand Junction, Colorado but she and her husband, Kevin got married in Lakewood--which is the suburb of Denver where I live. I recently did a purple flower inspiration board and thought it would be fun to show a wedding with the color purple in action.





I asked Amy to share some details about the day.

Date: June 14, 2008

Location: We got married June 14, 2008--St Jude Catholic Church in Lakewood and Terrace Gardens at Dove Valley.

Music: Affinity for Music--Tom and Melissa are the best.

Dress: Casablanca from Amanda's Bridal. I worked with Sherry, I call her my dress fairy godmother--she is actually the one that picked it out and encouraged me to try it on and when my mom wanted me to try on dresses I didn't like--she pointed out that they made my hips look big or something else so my mom would agree! Flowers: Hillside Consultants.

Flowers: Dawn with Hillside Consultants--she is amazing, I didn't really know much about flowers I just knew I wanted purple and had a budget and she worked her magic. She is wonderful.

Cake topper: I found in a catalog and my Grandmother gave it to me as a Christmas gift(foundations is the company I think.) It has my favorite bible verses engraved on it (Love is patient, love is kind...) Which was also a reading at our mass done by my Aunt/Godmother--who is one of the biggest influences in my life.

Bridesmaid Dresses: Davids Bridal--my sister and best friend actually found them and loved them on our first dress searching trip. Tracy's mom made their sashes out of extra fabric from my dress so it all tied together.

Photographer: Jackie Green of Jacqueline's Photography--she is amazing. Expensive but amazing, she thought of everything and got so many wonderful pictures. She went to all out locations at the times of day that we would be there to find the bets light and shots.

Favorite moment of the day (beside the kiss): Favorite moment: hard to pick one but my sister and brother in law made a slide show of both of us that I didn't know about until the reception so it was a wonderful surprise. My dad and I also broke into the Chicken Dance during our father daughter dance which was a blast!

Thank you so much, Amy for letting us take a peek at your wedding!

8 comments:

Kristy Goldman said...

Love it! I did my first real wedding today - so much fun!

Kristy
Remember Something Blue
http://remembersomethingblue.blogspot.com

amybyrd said...

YAY!! Thanks Dana for letting me share a little of my most wonderful day!

melissa said...

I love the cake. Very cute!

Karen said...

Thank you for blogging about my sister's wedding! It was so much fun and all these pictures make me think back to what a great time we had. I am so glad my sister found her Prince Charming!

Once A Bride said...

Karen--my pleasure!!

Caitlin said...

The Cake is Beautiful and the ring shot amazing!

AmberP said...

SO unbelievably beautiful!!!!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

How beautiful!!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels