2.03.2009

More baby steps.

Right after I posted about the details of how I came to quit my job and decided to start my own business, I wrote a post about my plans to register my biz name. However, I took it down almost immediately and I hope no one noticed this, because if anything, I don't want to seem inconsistent. But I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to cross any biz details off my list that week, because I would be going to Phoenix. I got a little ahead of myself because I was so ready to move ahead and cross things off my infamous lists!

The good news is that I have been able to take some small steps these past couple of weeks! I bought my domain name from godaddy.com and it was a really easy process, besides the site trying to up-sale me on everything---taking a domain from around $10 to $125. I have registered my business name (to be revealed at a later date!) with the state of Colorado and the federal government and I now officially have a tax ID (yea to deductions). The only major thing I have left to do is obtain a business license, so I'm planning on working on that today, if I can tear myself away from my google reader long enough (I think I have officially subscribed to too many blogs, but I just.can't.help.it!). I've also hired someone to work on my logo and I am pretty sure I will go through bludomain for my website (their templates are crazy cheap and pretty good looking)...has anyone had experience with this company? I'd love to hear about it.

Here's an example of one of bludomain's $100 templates:


And to top off all of this momentum, I officially have my first day-of-coordination client in March! The couple is having an Indian wedding but mixed with traditional American elements. I honestly can't wait to see how it turns out!

These last couple of weeks have been really productive and I'm happy to see that my business is becoming a reality.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Kristy Goldman said...

How very exciting that you are moving forward this week! I did notice your previous post, but I know how these things have a way of getting a little muddled in the process, so I knew you would have it done soon!

I hope you have a great week, and yes, I will be emailing soon!

Kristy
Remember Something Blue
http://remembersomethingblue.blogspot.com

amybyrd said...

YAY for you!!

Brenn said...

Congrats on getting the business rolling!! That is such an exciting thing.

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels