2.11.2009

Old school valentine.

Remember when you were in fifth grade and you opened a valentine from the boy you thought was really cute? You hoped it would say something that allowed you to believe he may like you, too. I remember having a crush on a boy named Richard. The night before V-day, I filled out all the cards I was going to hand out to my classmates the next day, careful to put a special one aside for Richard. I was so incredibly shy though, and in no way did I let him know I liked him. But I made sure he got a card that was different from all the other cards I handed out. It was my shy-girl way of letting him know that because he got a unique card, he was special to me.

Why not give your sweetie a card this year that's as one-of-a-kind as he is? Making homemade cards can be as easy as you need them to be, or if you have extra time, you can pour yourself into the project. Imagine his surprise when he opens a pretty, unique card that you made especially for him.

Here are some ideas to get you started. Play around with colors and materials and if you are so inclined, you can a write a cute little poem or love letter inside.

[image: bhg.com]

[image: bhg.com]

[image: martha]

[image: martha]

[image: bhg.com]

3 comments:

amybyrd said...

cute ideas--maybe a trip to the craft store is in my future!!

Jenn said...

I have such good memories of making homemade valentines...I was a sticker fiend in elementary school! :)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

oooh so pretty!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels