3.17.2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I married into an Irish family and this is a holiday they definitely love to celebrate. After Matt and I were engaged, we started researching dates for our wedding and we finally decided on the month of March. When he found out that St. Patrick's Day fell on a Saturday, he thought he had a winner. Unfortunately for him, every venue was already booked. And fortunately for me, I don't have to celebrate my wedding anniversary toasting to our love with green beer.

A few months later, 7-7-07 fell on a Saturday...so many couples wanted to get 'lucky' that year.



[images: the knot]



An Irish blessing...
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty
bless your world with
joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

4 comments:

Krista said...

That's a nice blessing

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Great board. Happy St. Patty's day

The Wishful Dreamer said...

As being Irish myself, I love the holiday as well. Great board! My wedding will probably have a lot of those same colors. And what a great blessing you found!

melissa said...

Great board. I LOVE the green shoes.

I think green beer would be kinda fun, but your right. Maybe not for a wedding.

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels