3.13.2009

I'm really not morbid...

I swear.

But I love cemeteries. I can't explain it. I think it's the history and the beauty of the stones. This past summer, I went to a fantastic cemetery in Buenos Aires, called Cemetario Ricoleta (it's where Evita is buried). It was more like a museum than a cemetery. Each burial site had it's own statue.



Because of my fascination with cemeteries (and because it's Friday the 13th), I wanted to post these photos. The off-beat couple's choice for a setting is pretty cool, I'd say and seemingly fitting of the couple.








[images from Wedding Cabaret]

You can view many more photos of this unique wedding here.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I saw that wedding recap and thought it was so cool!

Teresa said...

Agreed! I love a cemetary. The more ornate and spooky, the better.

Victory Bird said...

OMG, we almost choose a restaurant for our reception that is directly across the street from Atlanta's historic Oakland cemetery. My mother was appalled that I would consider taking photos there, but these pictures prove it is amazing!

The Reality of Happily Ever After said...

I love them, too! I've had several friends take their wedding photos in a cemetery...

Love the pics!

Jenny.Lee said...

I'm right there with you. I love that wedding shoot. Their whole wedding was so glam goth!

melissa said...

Morbid or not - that wedding shoot is very cool!

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels