4.20.2009

Appreciation #8: My health.

[image from here]


I caught a cold this past weekend and I was feeling a little sorry for myself because of how crappy I felt and how little I wanted to do. I decided to take a bath to sooth my achy muscles and while I was soaking in the hot water, I started to relax and and think about how blessed I am for my general health.

It sucks to be sick, but a cold goes away. It's short-lived and temporary. How lucky am I that I don't have a lasting illness? I have my eye sight. I can taste, feel, smell. I haven't spent a significant amount of time in a hospital.

It's easy to take something like our health for granted. But I started this appreciation series to remind myself to be in the moment and to be thankful for life's little things. While health is certainly no 'little' thing, it's good to remind ourselves to appreciate our wellness and to take care of our bodies. It's important to move around, eat well, learn how to de-stress and relax and to smile through the pain.

After my bath, I took a long, hot cleansing shower and felt so much better. After all, I was able to walk out of the shower, put on my own clothes and make myself something to eat*.



*Why am I the only person in the world who doesn't lose my appetite when I'm sick. Losing a couple of pounds should be one benefit of catching a cold, right?

7 comments:

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

You're not alone! I eat probably more when I'm sick. I chock it up to boredom from being at home and 'recuperating.' Plus, I think it comforting to have soups, toasts, applesauce, and tea. Feel better!

Jenny.Lee said...

You are so not alone! I seem to eat more when I'm sick, or should I say more bad stuff. :(

Krista said...

I eat when I'm sick. I think it's b/c my mom always told me to eat when I'm sick, worried, whatever - if it was meal time, you eat.

Simply Me said...

love your blog- new follower! :)

Once A Bride said...

I am SO glad to hear that I am not alone with my food cravings, ladies! :) Thanks for the well wishes.

A.Mountain.Bride said...

I hope you feel better in no time. Such a wonderful reminder to be thankful for our health in general despite a little cold.

Hannah Noel said...

I'm sorry you feel sick! A hot bath sounds sooooo good right now.

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels