4.07.2009

You've planned the menu and the coordinating linens. You've picked out beautiful flowers and finally, your reception decor is coming together.

One detail you don't want to overlook is the napkin fold. It may seem minor, but in fact can add so much to the finality of your decor. Imagine your guests' delight when they sit down and see a perfectly folded napkin that happens to match your theme or help make the color in your flowers pop.

Often times, your caterer or the banquet captain at your venue will automatically fold the napkin according to habit, but this is one area you can step in and add your touch.


[martha stewart]
[martha stewart]
[martha stewart]
[brides.com]
[the knot]
[brides.com]
[linen effects]
[martha stewart]
[martha stewart]

[brides.com]
[the knot]

[the knot]



This is a great site for learning different types of napkin folds.

3 comments:

BeerBudgetBride said...

Love the bowtie & yellow setting.

I really like the look of the napkin placed under the plate (like in the last pic). Unfortunately at 1 wedding my college roomate's date had a few too many cocktails during cocktail hour, sat down at our table and pulled the napkin off the table... the entire setting came along with it. Yikes!

Once A Bride said...

yeah, yikes! now, that's a way to make an entrance!

Bride in Exile said...

The bowtie is adorable! I also like the setting with the neat fold inside the water glass -- our salads are going to be pre-plated, so the options for cool napkin folds on top of the plates are somewhat limited :-)

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels