5.15.2009

Program content.



Programs are one DIY project that almost every couple can do to save a little money. But even if you aren't taking on your own program-making project, you'll still have to decide what to include in it. Although programs are optional, they are nice for guests to have while they are waiting for the ceremony to start and for them to use as a guideline for the service. Some guests will want to save your program as a keepsake, so it's a great idea to personalize it and put some thought into how you want it to look and who (and what) you plan on including.

Here's a basic guideline for your content:

  • Names of the bride and groom

  • Date, time and location of the ceremony

  • Specific parts of the ceremony, i.e. service, readings, passages, music (you can personalize this even further by explaining why these specifics are meaningful to you as a couple)-if you are having someone conduct a reading, include the name of the person

  • Name of the officiant

  • Names of the bridesmaids and groomsmen--you can also put a small note explaining how you know each person

  • A special thank-you to your families and/or guests is always nice

  • If your ceremony location is separate from your reception location, it might be a good idea to include the address and/or direction of the reception, as well as the time it begins
  • It's also a good idea to think about the formality of your ceremony when designing your program and then choose the paper and font accordingly.



      [the above images from the knot]

      [photo of one of my friend's programs--she's a true DIYer]

      2 comments:

      Lara said...

      Fantastic! I was asking this very same question in a forum today; you've given me some good ideas.

      thebestweddingblogever said...

      Wow, thanks for putting all of this information in one handy place. I'm sure lots of people (me!) were wondering what all needed to be included in a program. Great job!

      Did I miss anything?

      I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

      Labels