7.20.2009

Drink calculators.


One of the questions I seem to hear most from couples is how much alcohol they need to provide for their reception.

I always take into account (based on the couple's knowledge) how many of the guests are heavy vs. light drinkers and whether they mostly like beer, liquor or wine. I also calculate the numbers taking into consideration whether there is an open bar and if only wine will be served during dinner.

If you've researched this topic online or in magazines, you'll often read that it's safe to guess that everyone will have two drinks the first hour and one drink per hour thereafter. Here are some handy calculators to help you crunch the numbers.

Real Simple's Liquor Calculator
Evite's Party Planner
Manitoba's Party Planner
That's a Wrapper's Drink Calculator

1 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Love this post!

Instead of my usual "drink recipe" this friday, I'm going to link my readers to you here!!!

Thanks.
Bottoms up!
-Kelley

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels