12.05.2009

Oh, baby!

This blog has always been a mix of my professional and personal life. I've shared tidbits and short stories of life happenings and of my business ventures. I've loved having this blog and because of it, I've met amazing people along the way. This is only one of the reasons why I feel so badly that my postings have been less than frequent in the past few months.

There is one very personal thing that has happened in my life and I always thought that when it did, I would blog away about it. But the opposite happened. I found that I sort of wanted to keep the news to myself and enjoy all the changes that were about to happen in my life.

I found out I was pregnant in late July. My husband and I were (and still are) ecstatic. However, I found myself concentrating on my business so much that I didn't take a lot of time to pause and enjoy my first trimester (I can say 'enjoy' because I was lucky enough not to have any morning sickness!). So, this fall that's exactly what I've been doing. When I should be blogging, I might be reading baby blogs instead or learning how to knit a baby blanket, or figuring out how to decorate the nursery. My husband I have also been in the process of selling our current house and trying to find a new one.

I promise I've been here in spirit. I'm still reading blogs and keeping up with all you lovely brides out there. I feel that my personal life is once again balanced with my professional life and you should start seeing more of my posts. I also have some fun changes to the blog coming in the New Year.

Thank you for hanging in there! And btw, I'm due April 18th and it's a boy!

11 comments:

Lara said...

Congratulations! I myself am 19 weeks pregnant, and I too didn't blog for ages in my first trimester. I'm back in the swing of things now, but it took a while to get there.

We are also moving house, but moving 2000 miles away, back to my husband's home country. We only have 11 weeks left in the UK, so it's all coming to a head.

I hope things are working themselves out for you. Congratulations again!

LPC said...

Congratulations! Somethings are more important than blogging:).

elizabeth said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!!!

amybyrd said...

Hey congrats!!! I have missed updates and checked last week to make sure I was still a follower. We just found out were PG too--due in July Haven't been blogging because we haven't told many people.

Mrs. Dew said...

AWE congrats!!!

Jenny.Lee said...

Congratulations Dana! I am so excited for you!

Debbie said...

Congrats Dana! That is such fantastic news!

Dana said...

Thank you all so much for the well wishes!

Jared Wilson said...

Congrats!!

Hi, Lane said...

That's my wedding anniversary!! And congratulations!

Kristy said...

So glad you shared your news with the world... we are glad to have you back but perfectly willing to share with the new (little) man in your life.

Kristy
The Wedding Firm
www.houstonweddingfirm.com

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels