10.06.2010

Choosing your wedding colors.

{image: Wedding Chicks}


Choosing your wedding colors may seem like a no-brainer. However, there's a lot to consider when deciding on your big day decor.

First, consider the season and location. You should choose your ceremony and reception site before finalizing your color choices. Are you choosing to celebrate outdoors amongst greenery? If so, bright colors can look amazing and add drama, while a softer palette may be more romantic. Are you planning on having your reception in an art gallery? The paintings and art work may bring in all the color you need and you may want to choose a very simple color palette. If you're marrying near the ocean, let nature be your guide. You may want to consider the colors of the sunset or perhaps a nautical theme.

It's also important to consider the color of the carpet, drapes and the built-in decor in the room, such as lamp shades, chairs (if not using chair covers) chandeliers, etc.

These blogs and websites are good starting points for color inspiration:

My Personal Artist
Snippet and Ink
Fashion Trend Setter
Colour Trends
Better Homes and Gardens

0 comments:

Did I miss anything?

I love to post inspired ideas and photos from other blogs and the web. I try my best to give credit where it's due, but if I miss something, please let me know. And, if you want something taken down, I can do that. No problemo.

Labels